News and Updates
Whitehorse Youth Employment Centre staff will be in Watson Lake at the following locations from 9am-4pm:
Yukon College: Tuesday, March 6th
Watson Lake Outreach: Wed. 7th & Thur. 8th
Our services are offered to youth ages 15-30. Will include client intake, resume/cover letter development and more info about our program. Open to all students and youth!
For more information please contact:
Temira Vance, Manager
Youth Employment Centre
3159-3rd Avenue | Whitehorse YT
Contact: (867) 633-7694
LOOKING FOR HELP THIS SUMMER?
WHY NOT HIRE A STUDENT?
FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE FOR WAGES IS AVAILABLE!
The 2018 Canada Summer Jobs (CSJ) application period for employers is from December 19, 2017 to February 2, 2018.
Canada Summer Jobs is a Government of Canada initiative. It provides funding for not-for-profit organizations, public sector employers and small businesses with 50 or fewer full-time employees to create summer jobs for students between the ages of 15 and 30.
The application form as well as the applicant guide are currently available at www.canada.ca/canada-summer-jobs. You can submit your application online, by mail or in person at any Service Canada Centre.
They encourage you to submit your 2018 application online. By doing so, you will benefit from a fast, easy-to-use, and secure way of applying as you will:
• have access to the Canada Summer Jobs application 24/7, from any location, allowing you to complete it at your convenience;
• ensure your application is received immediately by Service Canada;
• receive an instant acknowledgement confirming that your application has been received; and,
• avoid postal delays.
There are two systems available to enable you to apply online:
1. Grants and Contributions Online Services (GCOS): If you already have a GCOS account, please use this online platform to submit an online application;
2. CSJ online application form.