Employment Enhancement and Training Program
||Yukon Territorial Government and administered by the Watson Lake Training Society
||- This program is intended to enhance the training and employment opportunities for the residence of the Watson Lake Area.
- The training sponsored must be relevant to job opportunities in the area and should primarily serve local residence in the area of retraining, upgrading and skills devlopment. It can include spinn-offs directly related to mining and forestry industry in the community.
|Eligible For Training:
||Eligible Training Projects will be those which provide training or enhancement to residents of the Watson Lake Area.
|Priority Will Be Given To:
||- Local residents (as evident by a Yukon Health Card) who have lived here at least 3 months
- Hands on approach to training
- Cannot be funded through another program
- Are not totally funded by this program
|Level of Assistance Provided:
||This program will NOT cover 100% of training project costs. The intent is to supplement existing funding to ensure the widest application of the available funds.
|Eligible Costs Will Be:
||- The training fees (except where the trainee (applicant) is an employee of the agency requesting funding
- The travel costs associated with the trainee
- The material costs required for thr training (not large capital here)
- In some instances training allowance to the trainee (limited and shared by applicant)
- Certian other costs deemed appropriate by the Watson Lake Training Society.
||WHERE TRAINEES ARE CURRENTLY EMPLOYED THE SOCIETY WILL NOT APPROVE TRAINING ALLOWANCES. THE EMPLOYER MUST CONTINUE TO PROVIDE SALARY DURING THE TRAINING PERIOD.
Where Trainees will be sent out for training, the employer will normally pay the Course costs; the program will cover travel related expenditures.
|How to Apply:
||Applications are available at the following:
- Watson Lake Community Outreach
- Watson Lake Yukon COllege Campus
- Liard First Nations Education
And can be dropped off at either Outreach or the College.
||Applications are processed the first week of every month.